A new Frank pastime is to stereotype Hilonim and act prejudicialy to their faces.
When I find a likely hiloni either randomly or in formal circumstances eating I'll ask them "what is that, pork?", and then move right into "are you one of those people that hates Zionism and wants to give our country to the Arabs?". I try and throw in "you think what's happening to the the Arabs here is worse than the holocaust, right?". A good old "you would marry a non Jew right? A German goy?".
These comments get alot o them really going. I usually just try to do this to people who i know have some anti-religious bias.
When they ask why I am insulting them with these questions I simply say: "oh, but I don't see you wearing a kippa, you must be a Hiloni, and don't all Hilonim believe...".
You see everyday in israel religious people have to deal with the same nonsense from the non religious. Questions like "are you one of those religious people who believe..." fill in the blank. Or any number of endless cavalier references to a kippa or kosher dietary prefernces.
I think the religious should start fighting back with the same stupid bullshit.
News, Opinion, & Information Resources:
- American-Israel Demographic Research Group (AIDRG)
- Asia Times Online
- Business Ethics Center of Jerusalem
- Dhimmitude - Bat Yeor
- Dow Jones - Marketwatch
- Drudge Report
- Eretz Israel Forever!
- Expert Village
- Foreign Policy
- Fox News - 2008 US Presidential Election Site
- George Will archive
- Globes - Israel's Business Arena
- Google News
- How Stuff Works
- Israel National News
- Israel National Radio
- Jewish Media Resources
- Machon Shilo
- Michael Yon - Online Magazine
- National Review
- Nefesh B'Nefesh
- Nuclear War Survival Skills
- Ohr Olam - The International Center for Biblical Zionism
- Order Challot from Sderot!
- Politico - Political News
- Rabbi Berel Wein Audio (great stuff for free)
- Rabbi Berel Wein Audio 2 (more great stuff for free)
- Shelanu: Direct Representation for Israel
- Standing Together - Help Brighten the Day of An Israeli Soldier
- State of Israel Central Bureau of Statistics
- Tanach Study Center
- The Economist
- The Federation of American Scientists (FAS)
- The Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center
- The Israel Center for Social & Economic Progress
- The Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs
- The Jerusalem Institute for Market Studies (JIMS)
- The Jewish & Israeli Blog awards
- The Legal Project
- The Middle East Forum
- The New Republic
- The Shalem Center
- The State of Judea
- Torah Umadda Journal Entry: The Last Word in Jewish Theology? Maimonidies' Thirteen Principles, By Marc B. Shapiro
- Tradition: The Journal of Orthodox Jewish
- We Should Not Forget - Israeli Casualties of Terror
- Whiskey and Gunpowder