Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Heres the DL:
History is written by the victors and any of their victims that survive. Thats everything in short.
The Rabbis of the Talmud were an educated elitist group that chose a passive form of adaptation which turned Judaism's focus in the direction they saw most practicle. They refashioned Judaism in their on image. This is no small deal. it is a heavy matter that should give us pause at the get go. After all, consider how complicated it is for landless teachers to disect and reorganize a tradition that was forged by Kings.
They disrespected life affirming militartism which is clear by their treatment of Hanukka, Masada, and Bar Kochba--ignoring every opportunity to extract any practical meaning from those events.
They called themselves greater than GD's own Prophets while claiming that even the least of their rabbinic comrades had the power to bring the dead back to life--thereby downplaying the seemingly obvious superiority of GD's own chosen Prophets while appropriating their greatest powers. This is an effort at downplaying the actual messages of the prophets in order to substitute them with their own--if the Prophets were taken too seriously then the people would not heed rabbinic authority...this type of thinking has extended until our times in which various Jewish sects consider their paltry leaders on the level of David or greater.
They spoke in depth of their own piety in various instances, including bragging about their own scholarship...all while letting poor Hillel freeze on a roof until he had nearly died because the poor could not afford to pay to attend their holy study hall .
These small examples of how the talmud acts as chronicle of rabbinic arrogance does not attempt to denounce the myriad of benefit we recieve from its priceless value to our heritage. However, we must not decieve ourselves about where they went wrong regardless of their intent.
I am not saying to burn the talmud or that rabbis are bad, just be smart about how and what you learn from them and be quick to recognize how many of the previously mentioned negative traits have wormed their way into our present day rabbinical class.
The Frank Jacuzzi mailing list has really been taking off.
We have got few hundred of you on the list since I announced it way back.
Great place for me to spew the gospel...
If you want in, send me an email and i'll hook you up.
Youll get to hear all the news about the web site and the book.
Thursday, September 07, 2006
I’ve got it!!!
If you thought that Olmert was doing a great job, I am going to one up everyone!!!
What we need is to really develop a quality living arrangement that can suit our progressive liberal mores and provide for the dignity for our much honored and respected neighbors the Palestinians.
However, we need to change our analytical paradigm and our method of managing this little Middle Eastern crisis of ours. We need to move beyond the traditional concepts of sovereignty, security, and continuity.
I want to recommend that we all start wearing specially designed patches--that I myself have created-- that will be able to clearly separate the Jews from the gentiles in this part of the world forever. Thus we will be able to give the Arabs and Russian goyim the whole damn country while being able to keep a Jewish presence in Israel--which will appeal to the historic and cultural sensitivities of our Slavic and Arab brothers.
News, Opinion, & Information Resources:
- American-Israel Demographic Research Group (AIDRG)
- Asia Times Online
- Business Ethics Center of Jerusalem
- Dhimmitude - Bat Yeor
- Dow Jones - Marketwatch
- Drudge Report
- Eretz Israel Forever!
- Expert Village
- Foreign Policy
- Fox News - 2008 US Presidential Election Site
- George Will archive
- Globes - Israel's Business Arena
- Google News
- How Stuff Works
- Israel National News
- Israel National Radio
- Jewish Media Resources
- Machon Shilo
- Michael Yon - Online Magazine
- National Review
- Nefesh B'Nefesh
- Nuclear War Survival Skills
- Ohr Olam - The International Center for Biblical Zionism
- Order Challot from Sderot!
- Politico - Political News
- Rabbi Berel Wein Audio (great stuff for free)
- Rabbi Berel Wein Audio 2 (more great stuff for free)
- Shelanu: Direct Representation for Israel
- Standing Together - Help Brighten the Day of An Israeli Soldier
- State of Israel Central Bureau of Statistics
- Tanach Study Center
- The Economist
- The Federation of American Scientists (FAS)
- The Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center
- The Israel Center for Social & Economic Progress
- The Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs
- The Jerusalem Institute for Market Studies (JIMS)
- The Jewish & Israeli Blog awards
- The Legal Project
- The Middle East Forum
- The New Republic
- The Shalem Center
- The State of Judea
- Torah Umadda Journal Entry: The Last Word in Jewish Theology? Maimonidies' Thirteen Principles, By Marc B. Shapiro
- Tradition: The Journal of Orthodox Jewish
- We Should Not Forget - Israeli Casualties of Terror
- Whiskey and Gunpowder