A friend directed me to a radio show on israelnationalradio.com, where the host denied that Israel or Judaism are inherently western and that we should all drop our liberal ideas and worldviews because it wasn't authentically Jewish to believe as such.
That's just stupid.
Everything that we know and believe about Judaism is western.
Anyone who believes otherwise is an idiot.
This is more wacko way out there BS aimed at establishing some non-sensible "Authentic Jewish Civilization" that has no religious or political value to any productive Israeli citizen. In fact, its only a tool of self marginalizing false fanatics who use this perspective as a way of attracting more disgruntled followers.
I find it especially stupid that the guy spewing this idiocy is an American Ashkenazi for the love of God. At least give me a Sephardi whose family lived under a non western civilization for at least a few generations.
Judaism as it exists today is western, the Talmud is a relic of classical civilization, the state of Israel and every Ideology it employs is western, western, western.
There is no Jewish civilization only a Jewish state... so get with it because there are real issues to be dealt with...
News, Opinion, & Information Resources:
- American-Israel Demographic Research Group (AIDRG)
- Asia Times Online
- Business Ethics Center of Jerusalem
- Dhimmitude - Bat Yeor
- Dow Jones - Marketwatch
- Drudge Report
- Eretz Israel Forever!
- Expert Village
- Foreign Policy
- Fox News - 2008 US Presidential Election Site
- George Will archive
- Globes - Israel's Business Arena
- Google News
- How Stuff Works
- Israel National News
- Israel National Radio
- Jewish Media Resources
- Machon Shilo
- Michael Yon - Online Magazine
- National Review
- Nefesh B'Nefesh
- Nuclear War Survival Skills
- Ohr Olam - The International Center for Biblical Zionism
- Order Challot from Sderot!
- Politico - Political News
- Rabbi Berel Wein Audio (great stuff for free)
- Rabbi Berel Wein Audio 2 (more great stuff for free)
- Shelanu: Direct Representation for Israel
- Standing Together - Help Brighten the Day of An Israeli Soldier
- State of Israel Central Bureau of Statistics
- Tanach Study Center
- The Economist
- The Federation of American Scientists (FAS)
- The Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center
- The Israel Center for Social & Economic Progress
- The Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs
- The Jerusalem Institute for Market Studies (JIMS)
- The Jewish & Israeli Blog awards
- The Legal Project
- The Middle East Forum
- The New Republic
- The Shalem Center
- The State of Judea
- Torah Umadda Journal Entry: The Last Word in Jewish Theology? Maimonidies' Thirteen Principles, By Marc B. Shapiro
- Tradition: The Journal of Orthodox Jewish
- We Should Not Forget - Israeli Casualties of Terror
- Whiskey and Gunpowder