I find it funny.
In the Talmud one who dies before 60 is considered as if he was "cut off" (Karet) from his people by God—in an act of divine justice for certain insufferable wrongdoings. 60 being the half way point to 120—which is considered an ideal life span.
Israel is 60—I wonder: will we make it to 61?
I find it funny.
61 people are all it takes to form a government in Israel. 61, being the majority of our 120 person Knesset. Are the insufferable wrongdoings of 61 people all it takes to lead us to our doom—nuclear or otherwise?
Will 61 of 120 MK's get us over the 60th year hump to set us on our way to 120?
News, Opinion, & Information Resources:
- American-Israel Demographic Research Group (AIDRG)
- Asia Times Online
- Business Ethics Center of Jerusalem
- Dhimmitude - Bat Yeor
- Dow Jones - Marketwatch
- Drudge Report
- Eretz Israel Forever!
- Expert Village
- Foreign Policy
- Fox News - 2008 US Presidential Election Site
- George Will archive
- Globes - Israel's Business Arena
- Google News
- How Stuff Works
- Israel National News
- Israel National Radio
- Jewish Media Resources
- Machon Shilo
- Michael Yon - Online Magazine
- National Review
- Nefesh B'Nefesh
- Nuclear War Survival Skills
- Ohr Olam - The International Center for Biblical Zionism
- Order Challot from Sderot!
- Politico - Political News
- Rabbi Berel Wein Audio (great stuff for free)
- Rabbi Berel Wein Audio 2 (more great stuff for free)
- Shelanu: Direct Representation for Israel
- Standing Together - Help Brighten the Day of An Israeli Soldier
- State of Israel Central Bureau of Statistics
- Tanach Study Center
- The Economist
- The Federation of American Scientists (FAS)
- The Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center
- The Israel Center for Social & Economic Progress
- The Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs
- The Jerusalem Institute for Market Studies (JIMS)
- The Jewish & Israeli Blog awards
- The Legal Project
- The Middle East Forum
- The New Republic
- The Shalem Center
- The State of Judea
- Torah Umadda Journal Entry: The Last Word in Jewish Theology? Maimonidies' Thirteen Principles, By Marc B. Shapiro
- Tradition: The Journal of Orthodox Jewish
- We Should Not Forget - Israeli Casualties of Terror
- Whiskey and Gunpowder