Sunday, February 10, 2008
Mcain, Obama, or Hillary? (or, which bread should Israel eat at the circus?)
As far as Israel and the 2008 US Presidential elections go….
McCain is the strongest candidate overall and is the only candidate Israel should support in the position of president at all.
Hillary would sell us down the river just like her husband did and light us on fire as we went. I loathe the prospect of 4 more years of Clinton in any form.
Obama is an uncertainty, but he isn’t Clinton, which is sort of a plus in my book. After the many years of the Reagan/Bush cartel and the Clinton bandwagon of BS the US needs a change, but I am not convinced that he doesn’t have anti-Israel and pro-Moslem proclivities waiting in the wings.
However… as Amotz Asa-El essentially pointed out in this past weeks Jpost there really isn’t a whole hell of a lot a US president can honestly make us do much more of in terms to ceding our dignity to our enemies (my interpretation) so what does it really matter who is president at this point?
I am personally of the opinion that we are the problem. We are the ones who allow the US to bend us into compromising position after compromising position all to suit the delicate balance of their oil and weapons contracts with Arab states. Bush is perhaps the best example of what a terrible president really is all about: A mindless tool who serves his family’s business interests by forcing us to placate the wolves who devour us and ignore the ones on their way to help in our demise.
In all reality though, can any leader of the US or Israel really make a difference for us before it’s too late???
In the end I believe we will see that the Israeli ruling elite are no different than Arab leaders are to their own people:
In the next 75 years or so when Arab oil runs out Arab economies will crash through the floor back to the stone ages, all their leaders will be off on the first plane to the west to escape the destruction and lavish in the comfort of their foreign invested oil wealth while their people suffer and wallow in catastrophe.
On the other hand, if Israel finally slides over the brink upon which it now teeters Israeli ruling elites will be off on the first plane to the west while their people suffer and wallow in catastrophe too.
So, in conclusion, there is no answer for anything really, but while we are on our way down the drain lets enjoy the voting game which has become no more than another Romanesque bread and circuses for all of us foolish enough to be concerned.
News, Opinion, & Information Resources:
- American-Israel Demographic Research Group (AIDRG)
- Asia Times Online
- Business Ethics Center of Jerusalem
- Dhimmitude - Bat Yeor
- Dow Jones - Marketwatch
- Drudge Report
- Eretz Israel Forever!
- Expert Village
- Foreign Policy
- Fox News - 2008 US Presidential Election Site
- George Will archive
- Globes - Israel's Business Arena
- Google News
- How Stuff Works
- Israel National News
- Israel National Radio
- Jewish Media Resources
- Machon Shilo
- Michael Yon - Online Magazine
- National Review
- Nefesh B'Nefesh
- Nuclear War Survival Skills
- Ohr Olam - The International Center for Biblical Zionism
- Order Challot from Sderot!
- Politico - Political News
- Rabbi Berel Wein Audio (great stuff for free)
- Rabbi Berel Wein Audio 2 (more great stuff for free)
- Shelanu: Direct Representation for Israel
- Standing Together - Help Brighten the Day of An Israeli Soldier
- State of Israel Central Bureau of Statistics
- Tanach Study Center
- The Economist
- The Federation of American Scientists (FAS)
- The Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center
- The Israel Center for Social & Economic Progress
- The Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs
- The Jerusalem Institute for Market Studies (JIMS)
- The Jewish & Israeli Blog awards
- The Legal Project
- The Middle East Forum
- The New Republic
- The Shalem Center
- The State of Judea
- Torah Umadda Journal Entry: The Last Word in Jewish Theology? Maimonidies' Thirteen Principles, By Marc B. Shapiro
- Tradition: The Journal of Orthodox Jewish
- We Should Not Forget - Israeli Casualties of Terror
- Whiskey and Gunpowder