Saw this movie recently, it was good action.
it is a great sniper film.
All throughout I thought of all the Israeli soldiers I have met who have claimed to be snipers...which is laughable...
Israel does not employ snipers in the traditional western military sense of the word. Instead an Israeli sniper is actually a sharpshooter dispersed within infantry sub-units at the squad and platoon levels...so the range of an Israeli "snipers" usefulness in regard to the military advantage it lends our forces is not profound. I dont know if sniping has been seriously employed to any degree since the first Lebanon war as an organized discipline...in terms of hunting, stalking, and killing human targets.
Another thing is that Israeli snipers do not use bolt action rifles, so their range and deadliness are impeded, rather they generally use modified Galil semi-automatic rifles. It has been said that the advantage is that it allows more rapid fire than a bolt action rifle...but that is precisely where the point is missed.
Real Israeli snipers could have turned half of Hezbollah into pink mist during the last war...not to mention inspire fear in the enemy. its a deeply psychological weapon capable of tremendous accomplishments.
Im no expert. but im right.
News, Opinion, & Information Resources:
- American-Israel Demographic Research Group (AIDRG)
- Asia Times Online
- Business Ethics Center of Jerusalem
- Dhimmitude - Bat Yeor
- Dow Jones - Marketwatch
- Drudge Report
- Eretz Israel Forever!
- Expert Village
- Foreign Policy
- Fox News - 2008 US Presidential Election Site
- George Will archive
- Globes - Israel's Business Arena
- Google News
- How Stuff Works
- Israel National News
- Israel National Radio
- Jewish Media Resources
- Machon Shilo
- Michael Yon - Online Magazine
- National Review
- Nefesh B'Nefesh
- Nuclear War Survival Skills
- Ohr Olam - The International Center for Biblical Zionism
- Order Challot from Sderot!
- Politico - Political News
- Rabbi Berel Wein Audio (great stuff for free)
- Rabbi Berel Wein Audio 2 (more great stuff for free)
- Shelanu: Direct Representation for Israel
- Standing Together - Help Brighten the Day of An Israeli Soldier
- State of Israel Central Bureau of Statistics
- Tanach Study Center
- The Economist
- The Federation of American Scientists (FAS)
- The Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center
- The Israel Center for Social & Economic Progress
- The Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs
- The Jerusalem Institute for Market Studies (JIMS)
- The Jewish & Israeli Blog awards
- The Legal Project
- The Middle East Forum
- The New Republic
- The Shalem Center
- The State of Judea
- Torah Umadda Journal Entry: The Last Word in Jewish Theology? Maimonidies' Thirteen Principles, By Marc B. Shapiro
- Tradition: The Journal of Orthodox Jewish
- We Should Not Forget - Israeli Casualties of Terror
- Whiskey and Gunpowder